The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“The people of Yemen have the gentlest and most clement of hearts. Faith is Yemeni and Wisdom is Yemeni”
[Hadith – Bukhari]
Even before the war broke out, Yemen was one of the poorest countries in the Middle East. But now the people of Yemen face the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, millions of people are without essential necessities such as food, water, medicine and shelter.
We must help these people but ILM needs your support. After years of ongoing conflict, economic turmoil, natural disasters, and now a global shutdown – families in Yemen are desperate.
- 24 Million people (80% of the population) require some form of humanitarian help.
- 8 million people are displaced inside Yemen.
- 250,000 Yemenis are refugees in other countries.
Food and water:
- 10 million civilians are suffering from famine.
- 4 million have no access to health care.
- 4 million have no access to clean water.
- 26 million are suffering from Cholera.
- 10,000 children have been killed directly in the conflict.
- 3 million Children risk are suffering from nutrition.
- 400,000 children will die if they don’t get immediate help.
- 3,600 schools have shut down. Children have no place to learn.
Our partners on the ground are local Yemeni and their knowledge means we can carry out the work quickly and effectively in areas of Yemen where others can’t.
Help the people of Yemen by donating today.