Position Title: Fundraising Manager
Reports to: Country Director
Hours of Work: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary Guideline: £25,000.00 - £30,000.00
Annual Leave: 35 days inclusive of bank holidays
Closing Date: 25 February 2022
International Learning Movement
ILM UK is a registered charity based in England and a member of the ILM Group, a formal network of organisations that share the same vision, mission and values to tackle development needs and eradicate poverty worldwide. This partnership with headquarters in Asia, Africa and Europe forms the International Learning Movement. Following international humanitarian sector standards, ILM Group is committed to supporting children and at-risk adults when they need it the most, mainly through WASH and food projects, education sponsorship schemes and providing care to people with support needs, such as physical disabilities and mental health conditions.
For more information, you can visit or UK website: https://www.ilmuk.org
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the fundraising strategy and funds development strategy, work plans, and systems to achieve income targets, starting from £1 million annually.
- Contribute to developing a short/long term strategy for the department in line with ILM’s strategy, policies and procedures.
- Work with different departments of ILM Group and partners to ensure the alignment of ILM’s fundraising strategy and funds development strategy.
- Maintain a market focus to ensure a good understanding of trends and forces to inform future fundraising strategies.
- Coordinate and implement seasonal and emergency fundraising appeals with ILM media partners
- Manage all sources of fundraising streams, including accurate data recording, correspondences, and allied communication systems.
- Manage, supervise, recruit, and train the fundraising team, ensuring exceptional working standards which comply with statutory and regulatory authorities, including but not limited to GDPR, Charity Commission, the Fundraising Regulator Code of Practice.
- Implement the community fundraising plan, meeting the objectives in the annual campaign’s plan.
- Responsible for all community fundraising appeals (direct mailing, volunteer hubs, events, community stalls, masjid, and school collections).
- Advocate and gather supporters for ILM regular giving and major giving programmes.
- Provide expertise and support to the SMT in creating new fundraising appeals.
- Investigate and identify new external fundraising and corporate giving opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the fundraising database and related systems and tools.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of national events when required. Outreach to like-minded individuals and organisations to identify potential collaborations and partnerships and increase new donors.
- Provide fundraising support to stakeholders working with ILM.
- Prepare fundraising department budget, ensuring strategical use of funds to generate more income.
- Assist the line manager with the development of annual budgets for the department in consultation with other budget holders.
- Review budgets periodically to ensure the most efficient use of funds.
- Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems.
3. Major Giving
- Consolidate, maintain, and develop ILM’s relationships with its existing Major Donors, Corporates and Trusts.
- Ensure continuous research is carried out on Major Donors, Corporates and Trusts to aid and support solicitation plans.
- Maintain regular communication with existing and potential Major Donors and Trusts to recognise, maintain, and strengthen their support.
- Manage the stakeholder relationships by holding regular meetings, providing feedback on donations, and exploring what ILM can offer.
- Develop strong volunteer networks across the country.
- Recruit volunteers to support ILM’s activities.
- Ensure all volunteers working with ILM are correctly registered, inducted, trained and developed.
- Maintain and update a volunteer database.
- Oversee aspects of work where volunteers are involved.
- Lead volunteers in managing events locally or event participation
5. General Responsibilities
- To demonstrate ILMs’ values and ethics in their working practices, approach, and conduct.
- To support additional fundraising activities from time to time, commit to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals or fundraising events during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager.
- To promote and adhere to all ILM’s Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices.
- This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by the Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
Required knowledge, skills and experience: Essential
- At least three-year experience in fundraising in the NGO set-up.
- Experience developing, organising and implementing effective fundraising strategies – targeting individuals and local institutions-public and private.
- Extensive experience securing funding from large funders, including Foundations and Trusts.
- An excellent track record of achieving or exceeding income targets.
- Ability to research, identify, assess and develop new fundraising opportunities and relationships amongst institutional donors, private foundations, trusts, and individuals to diversify and increase revenue streams.
- Evidence of developing and successfully implementing innovative and sustainable income streams.
- Substantial experience working with donor databases, capable of interpreting and presenting data to SMT.
- Substantial experience writing proposals, presentations or analytical reports.
- Self-motivated and dynamic.
- Excellent general communication skills, ability to conduct meetings, present well in public, and enthuse donors.
- Excellent IT skills, including the ability to use web-based content management systems and customer relationship management systems.
- Ability to develop budgets.
- Ability to manage effective collaboration between partners and stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills and experience: Desirable
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Programmatic understanding of humanitarian and development programmes.
- Evidence of raising funds of six-figure gifts and above
- Full (MInstF) Membership Institute of Fundraising