Disaster and Emergency Relief
ILM UK has developed emergency relief programs to support those in need in the event of war or natural disaster. The aim of the program is to solicit and collect funds on an ongoing basis as well as subsequent to any war or disaster.
It’s impossible to predict such disasters. The only effective action is a constant state of preparedness to distribute life-saving necessities whenever and wherever disaster strikes. We can’t do this without your help, so please make a donation towards our emergecny relief project.
Donate from as little as £5 a month to support our Emergency fund. Ongoing donations means we will be able to react as soon as a disaster strikes.
Latest Appeal – Nepal Earthquake
Our team was one of the first charities to have ‘boots on the ground’ in Nepal providing the most urgent needs and providing essential medical care. Due to the absolute destruction, there is a significant need for relief items such as food, water, shelter, personal hygiene materials and cooking equipment.
Our efforts will be on-going and we have put together a five year plan. We have adopted two villages in Gorkha and Gaushala (Nepal) building shelters and providing education.
So far we have distributed:
- Shelter kits to help those living in open air centres
- High protein food packs
- Bottled water
- Personal hygiene packs
- Medical Kits
- and provided hot food for thousands of people. We also have 4 medical teams in place – working around the clock.
How you can help:
- Provide a food pack for one family for £50
- Provide a hygiene pack for £100
- Provide a medical kit for £75
- Sponsor a medical team £175 per month
- Provide emergency tents and blankets £350 per family